Now that the water is cooling off and the days are a bit shorter I am often why a person would want to visit Canyon Lake in the Fall and Winter. Here is my list in no particular order.
1) Take in a beautiful blue and pink sunset from our lakeside patio.
2) Be outside without melting and enjoy cooler temperatures.
3) Order the Creme Brule at Silver Sage Grille for desert.
4) Buy any of the pies from Mrs. Bush’s Pie Company to take back home.
5) Drive scenic River Road between Canyon Lake and Gruene.
6) Walk the dam at sunset.
7) Hike the Guadalupe River trail below the dam under the giant Cypress trees.
8) Tour the Canyon Lake Gorge.
9) Kayak the Guadalupe River.
10) Fly fish the Guadalupe.
11) Enjoy wine tasting at Dry Comal Creek Winery.
12) Enjoy a sunset cocktail at Sailors Lakeside Grill.
13) Canyon Lake is only 3 hours from Houston.
14) Canyon Lake is only 45 minutes from San Antonio.
15) Mountain bike the Madrone Trail.
16) Take in some local color at Startz Cafe while enjoying a piece of pie.
17) Feeding the deer.
18) Lunch at the Grist Mill.
19) Live music at Gruene Hall.
20) Peace and quiet.
21) Minimal traffic lights.
22) Soak in one of our hot tubs while gazing at the stars.
23) The art galleries in Wimberley.
24) A live glass blowing demonstration at Wimberley Glass Works.
25) Tour Real Ale Brewery in Blanco.